Monday, October 26, 2009

Gavzilla and the Falsetto Child

It's been way too long between posts again. I think motherhood has gotten the best of me lately. My most recent motto? Maintain. I refer to vacuuming as "cleaning the house", milk and toast as "dinner", mascara as "wearing makeup, a phone call from Mark as "quality time". You get the picture. Anyway, these two boys are certainly the center of my world.

You wouldn't believe how fast Gavin is growing. In fact he has been dubbed "Gavzilla" by Mark. No doubt because of his size and NOT his disposition. The kid loves to eat and he's filling out his clothes like nobody's business.

He's a beast, that kid. This morning I placed him on the floor to bat at his toys a bit while I got a bowl of cereal.

After awhile I noticed it was very quiet in the next room, so I wandered in to check on him. This is what I found:
He had turned over! So I made him do it again...and again. In fact, almost everytime I lay him on his back now he will turn over to his tummy. I'm not ready for it. I just want him to sit like a blob on my lap a little longer.

And as for Owen, well he's continually on the go. Owen's energy matches Gavin's size. He is always running or jumping or riding or wrestling.
His latest thing is talking in this super high-pitched voice. It kind of reminds me of the kid in the movie Overboard; the one who talked in the Pee-Wee Herman voice. He began using it whenever he would pretend to be a dog or other character. And somehow it became his everyday voice. I have to remind him multiple times a day to speak in a normal voice. Weird.

And somehow these two boys, who are so very different, seem to balance me out. Well, break me down THEN balance me out. But that's motherhood, right?

8 comments:

Crafting is my Therapy said...

It is motherhood. I hope. Or else we are both in trouble!

Brenda Hodson said...

Wow, Gavin is really growing! Can't wait to see both he and Owen in December!

Britanny said...

Ha! That is one of my favorite lines in Overboard. Love it!!! And you are right--Gavin is pretty puffy! Love that too...

Kimba said...

i can't believe he's rolling over! i was just looking at some videos of Wy at that age, i can't believe it was that long ago! it goes by so fast!

Ms. Kneisly said...

We have a friend whos little boy uses a monster voice at all times. He always sounds like Cookie Monster. In primary I asked, "Do you know what we are going to do today?" and he hollered like a loud cookie monster, "WATCH NACHO LIBRE?!?!?"

Abby said...

Brian looked at this with me and afterwards he said, "Gavin is a big dude."

I agree. But a cute big dude.

And I like your new motto.

janet solomon said...

thanks for making my day. i needed to see your two cuties. hopefully we will see them (and hold gavin) at thanksgiving. they sure look happy - you are doing a great job! i hope you sent that halloween video to everyone - loved it.

Angela said...

I've been counting vacuuming as cleaning the house for years! I wish I had a maid to clean the rest because I rarely do. Your boys are adorable.