Friday, May 29, 2009

Operation Baby Brother


We're counting down the days until baby arrives. Up to this point, I have to admit I have just sailed through the pregnancy without much thought of the after-birth. It has not consumed my every conversation, thought, action...like it did the first time around. Quite the opposite, in fact. I have to keep reminding myself we ARE having another baby. We are, we are, we are. And so with the due date only a few short weeks away, I feel a need to set the tone. Make preparations! It is time to get serious! This week our days are being filled with things like:

1. Reading "big brother" books we checked out at the library
2. Making the switch to a big boy bed
3. Pulling out and organizing baby clothes and toys
4. Taking a tour of the hospital
5. Talking to baby in my belly; giving him high-fives and kisses
6. Picking out a name...or at least establishing a solid list of choices

Oh brother, I'm totally not ready for this.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

You can do it! :) I can help!

Abby said...

Oh brother? Get it? Get it?! AHAHAHA. You kill me.

Heather said...

Exciting times! Good luck with the mental shift into newborn mode. It's probably like riding a bike, you'll be back in the swing of things in no time. Plus, just think of all the "help" those little three yr. old hands will be :)