Monday, June 23, 2008

Summertime

Summer is in full swing, and I couldn't be any happier. The weather, the family and friends, the outings. Here's a rundown of it all.


Owen and I spent a week in Utah with family, while Mark traveled to Germany for the launch of two new products. Owen liked hanging out with his cousins, Chase (pictured above), Ryan, and Cooper too. We went on a lot of outings, but one of our favorites was the Hogle Zoo. We got to see a rare white alligator, which is one of only 10 of its kind in the world. So cool!


We also enjoyed a visit with our long time friends, the TurleyBensons. We celebrated Father's Day together and made some awesome candy bar posters for the resident father and fathers-to-be. We went to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk for arcade games and deep-fried Twinkies. But mostly we just lounged by the pool and ate summer treats like homemade "Benson Berry" ice cream.


And of course, we've made good use of the beach since the weather has been so f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s! We went to Rio del Mar with our friends, Kim and Caleb. Sunshine and sand castles. Warm weather and water. Need I alliterate longer?


And this fine foot photo comes complete with story. During our day at the beach, I looked down at Mark's flip flops and noticed one of them read Roxy...as in the girls' brand...as in my flip flop. Wait, why is Mark wearing my flip flop? Turns out Mark had been wearing one of mine and one of his the entire time at the beach. Apparently he was in such a hurry getting out the door that he didn't even notice he grabbed two different sandals. And he still didn't notice after wearing them for a couple hours! I can't figure this one out. What's even funnier is his refusal to acknowledge it even happened. Needless to say, he's not going to like this post!

9 comments:

turleybenson said...

Wow, I canNOT stop laughing over the flip flop. It is CLEARLY like 5 sizes too small for him!! So funny.

Love the whole post. Sigh. Back to real life...

Abby said...

Whatever, Bridgette. I'm moving down there.

LuckyRedHen said...

Never saw the white alligator at the Hogle Zoo. We might have to go there next month JUST to see him! Love that you have proof of his flip flop fiasco.

SOLO said...

those are not my feet.

Kimba said...

It's like, the zillionth time I've seen this photo and it STILL makes me giggle. Maybe because I remember the indignation in his voice when you confronted him. Or how he kept insisting it was NOT funny while we giggled. Had the weather not been so fabulous, I think it would have been the best part of the day. But it was. So it's a tie. Sorry, Mark. :)

Heather said...

Did he think his foot had just grown ALOT all of a sudden? Ha, Ha. Way to stick to your story Mark.

janet solomon said...

i keep turning to that picture of lovely legs in flip flops and laughing out loud yet again.....hearing mark's protests that what really is - is really not.....and the thing that is so sad is that is my son you are making fun of. i am taking more time in the morning to check to make sure my shoes are both the same - at least to start the day. love your posts.....

Jess said...

I don't know who you swaped your sweet baby to get this adorable toddler!!He is so big! I loved seeing you all in Italy. Looks like you are doing great! Jessica Check out my blog to see my chitlins!

Ms. Kneisly said...

Ah, summer fun. I'm glad to see some pictures of you guys! Did you see who I saw July 5th? After eleven years it was cool.