Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fabulous Fall

I may be a little late in posting about the beginnings of fall. But here in sunny San Jose we have just begun to see it. The leaves are turning, the air is crisper, and porches are painted with pumpkins.

A couple weeks ago my sister (Britanny)came to visit with her daughter (Alice). We took a trip to a local pumpkin patch to usher in the season. The patch was beautifully decorated with all sorts of pumpkins and fall flowers. We took a turn on the carousel and the harvest train. We saw giant-sized pumpkins, tiny pumpkins, multi-colored pumpkins, even a pyramid made of pumpkins. Owen and Alice loaded up a wheelbarrow with pumpkins...and Britanny and I unloaded it. The weather was a cool 72 degrees. Fabulous!

Eeny, meeny, miney, mo

Today's Pumpkin King...tomorrow's Prom King

Aside from picking out pumpkins and decorating the house, we have also been enjoying fall goodies; candied apple pork chops, butternut squash soup, pumpkin bread, and spooky sugar cookies.

And I'll be saving THESE two treats for Halloween Night!

4 comments:

Totencough said...

First!

Dang, well now that I'm first, I don't really have anything to say...

You should upload your photos at bigger sizes so we can click 'em to see the bigger versions. That would be cool.

Kimba said...

If you squint real hard you can see my favorite sugar cookie, the bat with sprinkles on it's wings...I don't know what I was thinking. Fairy dust?

It's us! The Powell's said...

Great update and wonderful pictures. I must say the weather sounds inviting as well.

It's us! The Powell's said...

Heard about the earthquake last night...all is well I assume?